Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Chickens

New something I learned today: there are more chickens than people in the world

Which reminds me of a story I read a few years ago in the paper. The headline said: Childless Couple Told To Try Sex. The story was basically about these two people who had grown up on a very small very conservative very religious camp. They got married and waited for the babies to come. Nothing happened. So after a few years they went to the doctor. Who asked them how often they had sex. They didn’t know what he meant. “I’m sorry? What’s that got to do with it?” Aish.

Anyway, I was relating this story to my dear friend and colleague Musa who went quiet for a very long time and then said, in a puzzled voice, “but even chickens know how to do it”.

Indeed

While we’re on the chicken theme – headline of the paper today said “MP donates chicks to women’s group”

haha

1 comment:

pam said...

i LOVE yr blog!!! X pam