Saturday, August 23, 2008

Enough about you lets talk about me

When uninspired resort to one of these:

Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Martin Luther King Jr. – my birthday is a public holiday in the States. Damnit – I’ve just checked and it’s not true. He’s two days before me. Hmmm. But Vidal Sassoon, Muhammad Ali and Anton Chekov apparently…

Where was your first kiss?
Ha! Deary me. On a coffee farm somewhere in Malawi. We were all chased out of boarding school when the Pope came to visit. Sent off on half term. I went to my friend’s house. She got malaria. The brother pounced. It was gross.

Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else's property?
No

Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
It’s a little blurry. First time I went to check out where I’d like to go to university there was An Incident. I was an impressionable young lass of 17, trying to decide if this was the right place for me. Sitting with my sister and her mates in a pub. Group of bigots upstairs start harassing us. Calling us a bunch of dykes and the like. Man comes down the stairs and touches T on the shoulder (or maybe it was her boob? I forget). Jn pulls herself up to her full height and says “you touch my girlfriend again and I’ll hit you” He touches T again. She hits him. With her arm in a plaster cast. We are all asked to leave. The bigot boys are waiting for us outside. A fight ensues. The boys say ‘calm down ladies’. Paraffin on the fire. Punches and slaps and torn shirts. I don’t think I hit anyone, but I forget. The next day it is in the newspapers. “Girls Win Battle with Boys” or some such thing. I become best friends with Jn and T and enroll at the university the very next day. Bring. It. On.

Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
Socially? Solo? Sober? No.
For work? Yes.

What's the first thing you notice about the preferred sex?
Ummm, not sure. Just them, you know. Their attitude, I guess.

What is your biggest mistake?
I try not to see things as mistakes. Cheesy I know. But true.

Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
Ummm, not really. I used to bite my big sister when I was about 4, little brat that I was. I made her bleed once and was HORRIFIED so stopped biting her and started biting myself instead. The skin on my knees. Doesn’t hurt. Try it.

Say something totally random about yourself.
I used to want to be a boy. I was jealous how they could wee. Among other things. Now I’m reeeeally pleased I’m a girl.
I wrote a song as a kid
“I wish I was a boy but I’m not one really
I act like a boy but I’m not one really
I dress like a boy but I’m not one really
I talk like a boy but I’m not one really
I……” ad infinatum

Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Ha ha. No. But I do a mean Lady Di smile.

Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?
Sure. But don’t have a tele right now.

Did you have braces?
No

Are you comfortable with your height?
Yes. But I’m tall and sometimes have shitty posture. OccasionallyI tape my shoulders back for a day. It helps!

What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
No comment, not here, if it’s all the same to you

When do you know it's love?
When you can shut up

Do you speak any other languages?
Yes. Chinyanja (of Zambia). Learning Swahili. Schoolgirl French is is embedded somewhere in the recesses

Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
A what? No

What magazines do you read?
Ah, whatever. Usually 8 years out of date whatever I can get my hands on. I like travel magazines

Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Nope

Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
Yes

Do you watch MTV?
Don’t have a tele

What's something that really annoys you?
When people say “I hate people who…..” instead of “I hate it when people….” Think what you’re saying, people. I hate people who say that. Ha ha.

What's something you really like?
Laughter

Can you dance?
Hmmmm. Depends on the viewpoint.

What's the latest you have ever stayed up?
Until about 9 the following night, I guess.

Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
Nope

Anyone else want to have a go? Tam, J?

6 comments:

Val said...

I also like the one "thats enough about me - what do you think of me?" did you make up the questions too? very funny :-)

david mcmahon said...

Laughter - yep, that's my motto in life too.

Angela said...

The laughter and cheerfulness is an inheritance of your greatgrandfather Oscar Horn. He usually looked very sophisticated, with a stiff collar, but at formal dinner tables he could disappear and return with a carefully arranged string of sausages around his neck.

Miranda said...

Ah Geli, what a fantastic story! I LOVE it!! Thanks!

fush and chips said...

Wow, I thought that girl vs boy fight was an urban legend. Well, that's what ex Rhodes types say when I mention it. I always hoped it was true.It wasn't something I'd put past Larissa, if she was there.

Miranda said...

Very very true! I think Larissa was probably there, yes. Janine, Thandi, Vanashree, Tamara. Very funny. And speaking of Rhodes urban legends, met the guy who put all the omo or whatever it was in the quad fountain. Remember that one?