Thursday, September 11, 2008

Predictive text and stoopid jokes.

I just got a text from a friend inviting a bunch of us out to dinner tonight. I replied saying:
"I think we'll just meet you for drinks and then duck if that’s not too rude"
Although of course on predictive text it said:
"I think we'll just meet you for drinks and then fuck if that’s not too rude" Oh dear!!!

Yesterday on the news the second in command of Korea kept saying that Kim Jong-il is fine. Despite rumours, there is nothing wrong with his health. I was listening to the news driving through the traffic and kept chuckling to myself and slapping my thighs saying "Kim Jong is not ill" ha ha ha ha. And cackling furiously. I kept telling everyone who would listen but they either just looked blank or didn't think it remotely funny.

Do you? C'mon, just a little?

9 comments:

Dumdad said...

I think Kim Jong-il isn't ill is ducking funny....

Janelle said...

indeed!!! its GREAT! and duck, its hilarious...then WHO is kim jong? kim jng better?
glad i wasn;t the sole recipient of this joke...XXX janelle

BlouKous said...

I almost crashed my car once laughing so much because my boyfriend made a joke about Farmer Brown being Farmer dead. It most def was a you-had-to-be-there moment, but I still crack up when I think about it even though dear boyfriend seems convinced that I have now finally lost my last marble.

DK Green said...

wow. I've just thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog; fascinating!

Came here via the black box widget, pleased to 'meet' you
~doffs cap~
DK

Reya Mellicker said...

Texting typos are a whole new level of funny!

Love the box ... except it took me to a blog I didn't like. Hmmmm. Would rather read yours!

Val said...

very funny.. sent some purlers myself too :-) and then theres the dont drink and text clause - ha ha oooops

that black box is like the tardis.. never know where you are going. intruiging space travel widget. didnt work on my site though. same problem - everything else vanishes. oh well

Reya Mellicker said...

Can't...stop...playing...black...box.

It's very fun. Oh yeah!

TLP said...

Kim Jong is not ill is a lot funnier than
Kim Jong-il is fine. In fact, the more you say Kim Jong is not ill, the funnier it gets.

Here through the Black Box...which is sucking (or is it fucking?) me in....

tam said...

I like what people's names do under predictive text. Freya is Drexa ( I like to call her this) and Bernd is Aero, before he becomes Bernd. I once made an unpublishable error. Something to do with my aunt...

And yes, Miranda, you are hilarious my darling. Don't let anyone tell you different