Thursday, October 30, 2008

That shiny mountain



You know those clear shiny days where you see everything through refracted rainbow light and nothing can go wrong?  Everything you see holds a certain sparkly beauty and the things you touch don’t break for a change? Well I had one of those. Yesterday.

 

I wonder if it’s the mountain? They hold such a powerful energy don’t they? We live under Mt. Meru and although we can’t actually see her from our house, we have our own little weather system that is different from anyone who lives even five kilometers away. And when she is clear and close and rose tinted, as she was yesterday, it seems impossible not to have a positive day.

 

We had a dress rehearsal yesterday. At the Wednesday market in Tengeru. It was a fairly big crowd – about 200 people – and they laughed in all the right places and seemed to really enjoy it so that’s FAB! And the acrobats came and did a few gravity- defying stunts beforehand which was great. I just LOVE to watch them. And the performance was in view of the mountain and although it was performed in the midday sun and essentially on the edge of a rubbish pit everyone seemed to have a good time and it was still a lovely sparkly day.

 

Oh and on the way to work I got pulled over by the police and they almost immediately let me go again without even checking anything! How lucky is THAT!

 

And then….and THEN….I went to Janelle’s and got my kitten. Aaaaaahhhh. So sweeeeet. Right now he is sitting on my lap, curled up like a hedgehog, fast asleep probably dreaming of warm milk.



13 comments:

Dumdad said...

Ah, how sweet!

P.S. My Pause for Poetry item might interest you.....

Janelle said...

ah sweeet...glad he's settled in. none of his family miss him. don't tell him. his mother called him about once. as for his siblings. nada. i got confused by your pic..thought it was my wall behind!? babes...i STILL HAVE YOUR PHONE? don;t you need it?? xx j

Rob (Inukshuk Adventure) said...

Aah, so cute and it can do email already! or is it just sleeping after eating the mouse?

Lori ann said...

I'm glad your performance turned out so well! and that you had such a lovely day. The mountain is a she isnt it. I always thought so too.
so sweet kitten.
xx

Mud in the City said...

Your kitten is beautiful! What's his name?

Miranda said...

Mud - Oh he sure is! Janelle's kids named him Grey Matter and we're still deciding on whether that should be his middle name or his only name!

Lori - yes, this mountain is most certainly a she.

Rob - hahahahaha! Yes, full and satisfied after eating the mouse. heh heh heh.

Janelle - saw his siblings when I went to pick up my phone this morning. They looked rather pleased with themselves actually. I could virtually read their thought bubbles "oh goody, more milk for us"

Dumdad -indeed. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! But SHARP teeth and claws

spacedlaw said...

Meowrrr, warm computer...

I wish I could have seen that show. I am sure it is magic.

ArtSparker said...

"The performance was in view of the mountain" - as if the mountain were observing the performance.

Chimera said...

I am thrilled it came together so sweetly..its been a mountain to climb and there she was looking down on you! Well done you and the crew!
Maaaan! I wanna kitten!!!!!!
T xx

Miranda said...

Spacedlaw - thanks! One day you'll get to see one of our shows -we'll travel the world! Not with THIS play though, its not THAT good!

Artsparker - thanks for the visit. Yes, indeed she sure was looking on!

Tanvi - ha, indeed! A beeeg mountain. And then the performance we had the next day was AWFUL!!! Ain't that the way it always goes. They completely messed up the ending and when we talked about it after the show they were like "we did?" Anyway, early days. Hows it going with the BOOK??

Reya Mellicker said...

Your kitten look so sweet and fuzzy! So glad you have a new pet, and I'm so glad you had a perfect day. Beautiful pictures, incredible mountain.

It's always nice to have a mountain as a good friend!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Gorgeous kitty.

Beautiful picture of the mountain. I imagine it would be a magnificent sight close up.

CJ xx

Ernest de Cugnac said...

I find that pets find their own names. Most of mine only hung onto the name I gave them for about a week!