Thursday, December 4, 2008

I might have thought it could have been a dove


"I might have thought it could have been a dove" is my all time favourite safari guide exam quote. I've just got back from another three days of examining new safari guides. It was...well much the same as last time. This quote is from years ago and although there have been many close contenders nothing has beaten it yet. I shall continue to search. 

I got my kitten back from Janelle yesterday who was looking after him while I was in Zambia. Is much bigger and still gorgeous. The kitten that is, not Janelle! I wish I could teach him how to make tea - wouldn't that be cool.  Right now he is sitting on the windowsill chattering at the birds who are freaking out and flitting above his head, just out of reach. Maybe they're not freaking out, maybe they're just tormenting him...

And I've just realised it's nearly Christmas - how did that happen? Having been in Zambia in the bush for the past three weeks you don't really notice, but now that I'm back in town suddenly there's shiny things everywhere and all the poor staff at Shoprite have to wear silly red Father Christmas hats, poor folk.

My in-laws are coming soon - oh-my-god-on-Tuesday and we have nothing for them to sit on or anything. Eeeeeee, I'd better get cracking and try to make the place a little more...umm... habitable. Is that a word? 

Ah, can't get the picture up. Maybe later.

8 comments:

tam said...

Ag, furniture is over-rated.

But hang on, I thought you were going to get one of those red velveteen or was it tigerprint carved couches like they make on the side of the road?

Have fun shopping.

Rob (Inukshuk Adventure) said...

Good luck the in-laws impending arrival. Can't you tell them to bring their own chairs, or just tell them that's what you want for Christmas....just kidding.

Miranda said...

Tam - Ah man, I found the most spectacularly hideous set the other day. So hideous its fab. I'll try post the pictures!

Rob - I think that's a fine plan!

Janelle said...

ah sweet re grey matter...one day he'll catch a birdie...XXX j and don't you dare buy a velveteen horror!!! mark will divorce you.

Reya Mellicker said...

I always feel for people who are forced to wear Santa hats. Some people wear them on purpose. Those people I just don't understand, but whatever.

Welcome home!

spacedlaw said...

I too want to see pictures of the perfectly hideous chairs.

Miranda said...

Janelle - haha, you're probably right!

Reya - yes I find santa hats somewhat alarming

Spacedlaw - your wish is my command! Tomorrow I shall go out and take pictures on what's on offer!

Miranda said...

Janelle - haha, you're probably right!

Reya - yes I find santa hats somewhat alarming

Spacedlaw - your wish is my command! Tomorrow I shall go out and take pictures on what's on offer!