Saturday, December 13, 2008

Off to check out some wildebeest and other status updates

I don’t spend hours on Facebook playing scrabble, poking people and sending them fish but I do like to update my status when I get a chance. I have had a bit of writer’s blogging block of late so I have made a deal with myself that at the very least I should write a Facebook style status report on my blog. Even if it’s just a sentence.

So. To bring you semi up to speed:

Sometime last week – Miranda reckons that Dr. Seuss is right: those who matter don’t mind and those who mind don’t matter

Yesterday's - Miranda is a leopard...not svelte...not powerful....not beautiful....not majestic....not rippling with muscles....not a supreme killer....but....spotty.

And today, Miranda is going to check out some wildebeest. Going to the Serengeti with the in-laws to see if we can catch the migration. Not literally, you understand, that would take much more time and equipment than we actually have. haha. So we'll be back on Wednesday with tall tales and lots of pictures.

A good weekend to ya'll

9 comments:

Val said...

lucky tick - have fun xx

Val said...

funny - you got 7 comments so far on that meme....hehe

Rob (Inukshuk Adventure) said...

Oh how fab to see the migration. Pics please. Enjoy.

Miranda said...

Val - haha, was going to reply to the comments but I shan't now, keep it at seven!

Rob - yes, excited. Oh and and thanks for reminding me - wold have forgotten my camera, phew!!

spacedlaw said...

Wildebeest!
Lucky you. I have only cats to behold. Mind you they are wild enough to classify as mini wildebeests (or wildebeesten?).

I don't poke, send nonsense to people or ask them to be best friends forever either. Does this makes me a facebook paria?

Dumdad said...

Bon weekend!

Absolute Vanilla (and Atyllah) said...

LOL! I must try the FB status approach of blogging!

Hope you have a wonderful time, you lucky thing you. And I echo Rob, pics please!

Mud in the City said...

Looking forward to the pics!

Not many leopards around here. But I'll keep a look out for the wildebeest.

Miranda said...

Bolloks, my replies vanished. Again. Ah well.

Spacedlaw - cats can indeed be very wild beasts at times

Dumdad - merci!

Absolute Vanilla - pics to come soon soon. As soon as I've figured out how on this new computer!

Mud - Yes, look out for those wild beasts in London. There are many and usually found in dark alleys and dingy pubs...