Friday, February 6, 2009

pic meme

Well I've been debating with myself on this one. Me and my other personalities, having a little chinwag. Rob kindly tagged me for the photo meme that's been going around. Post the 6th picture from your 6th folder of photos (there's also a 4 of 4 one going round). I've been secretly hoping for it as it gives me something to write about. But the the 6th of the 6th is a pic of husband. Whose default setting is private and secretive. Very.

On the one hand one should respect people's right to privacy and all that and on the other I want to show you the pic. A meme is a meme after all!

So the respect person in my head got edged out the way by the 'just show them the bloody picture, it's not a big deal' person. (See what I have to live with)

So here it is.



This pic was taken in 2001, I think. Our first 'trip' together. We were still all new and fresh and budding with the first glow of true love. Heh heh. Vomit vomit. We were in Zambia, at that time of the tourist season when you are close to burned out. Too much inane smiling at fussy guests and sorting out silly problems. So we took a couple of weeks off and went to Zanzibar. First time there for both of us. We hired a motorbike and rode all around the island, staying at wherever place took our fancy. Now this picture is rather deceptive as it looks like he was riding the bike. Not true. I let him ride once, I think (having just taught him the basics) but only for about a kilometer until I got bossy and took over...

I think that look on his face is "oh thank F***k I can feel my balls again".

This pic is taken just outside Paradise Beach Bungalows -a very cool, cheap and charming place on the east coast run by a Japanese lady. The food is amazing and we go there every time we go to Zanzibar now.

While we're at it, a few more from that trip:


I am not a bed hog







I'm supposed to tag 6 people but I shan't force you into it. If you wanna do, you know what to do....

14 comments:

Lori ann said...

ummm.....were you saying something?....sorry... looking at the pic...
;)

you are gonna have a cute doodle, er, popcorn.

xx lori

Miranda said...

heh heh!!! I know the feeling! xx

Angela said...

Yes cuties, both of you - all three of you (Little One waving up!) (A. says her Older Brother-boy and her Little One are always waving at each other).
And there is this German song by a guy who says, I`ve been around the world, everywhere, and if you ask me where was the most beautiful place of all I`d say: Zanzibar!

Mud in the City said...

He is a hottie - and so are you! Looking at those sunny pics and then glancing out of my window and a very cold & grey London morning is grim. Thank goodness it is Friday!

Sending some rain your way....

Val said...

i wanna go to zanzibar and hire a bike and rideround the island and stay anywhere that looks nice and hog the bed and and - stunning pics all!

Janelle said...

ah lovely darling...hope you ok? lots love xxx j

Miranda said...

Geli - oh yes Zanzibar is special.

Mud - yes send the rain, I'll send some sun!

Val, do it, do it!! I had a client once, an elderly lady - maybe late 70's who was flying herself all around Africa. Very cool. She'd just been to Zanzibar and I said "Ah I've always wanted to go to Zanzibar" and she looked at me oddly, cocked her head and said "Well GO then!" Right!

Janelle - thanks, went to see doc this morning and all seems to be okay....thanks for being there! xxxx

Shiny said...

Ah, yes, it is hell living in Africa, isn't it? x

Miranda said...

oh yes ain't it just!

Rob Inukshuk said...

Well done for playing along and sticking to the rules. Nice pic of the Dad-to-be and that beach pic...with the palms...and the white sand...and the sun...

Lizzy Frizzfrock said...

Beautiful pics... and a yummy hubby... ah, I remember being young!

Reya Mellicker said...

OMG he is gorgeous!! And you are TOO a bed hog. A really cute bed hog, though.

Miranda said...

Rob - indeed. And I want to go back there RIGHT NOW!

LF - heh heh

Reya - yes he is and yes i am!!

Miranda said...

Rob - indeed. And I want to go back there RIGHT NOW!

LF - heh heh

Reya - yes he is and yes i am!!