Thanks to Mud for prodding some fodder my way, in the way of a meme
1. What are your current obsessions?
- Prodding my ever expanding belly and saying – “but it feels so WEIRD!”
- Reading about a pregnancy symptom on the internet and saying “Hey wow, I HAVE that! How do they know?”
- Basically anything pregnancy and all the bizarre happenings that go with it although I’m trying really hard to keep these to myself, and not become a total glazed-eye-inducing bore
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
Right now I don’t have an awful lot to wear except a black maternity dress that is very sweet and very comfy and very close to falling apart already. Sounds minging but its not! Oh and my blue beaded Zanzibar sandals I seem to wear every day (Wee Gabby said yesterday "Miranda why do you ALWAYS wear those shoes?" haha)
3. What's for dinner?
Homemade hamburgers and salad
4. Last thing you bought?
Yoghurt, does that count?
5. What are you listening to?
The soft rain outside and the cat purring on my lap
6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be?
Hmmm, maybe Bacchus/Dionysus? God of theatre and general debauchery as well as some other rather darker things. I started going through some of my mythology books to see what suited but it was taking an inordinate amount of time and I’m supposed to be packing up for moving house so although I lurve to procrastinate I’m not gonna give this one too much thought!
7. Favourite holiday spots?
Zanzibar, Laos, Vietnam, oh anywhere really! Bring it on.
8. Reading right now?
Just finished Gem Squash Tokoloshe by Rachel Zadok. If you haven’t read it, do. Now.
9. 4 words to describe yourself.
Cheerful, patient, positive, quirky. (But maybe other people have a completely different view of me. I’m always fascinated by how we see ourselves and how other people see us – sometimes they don’t match up at all!)
10. Guilty pleasure?
Right now? Chocolate. Powdered milk. All food related at the mo!
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak?
Farts, real-life slapstick (people walking with poles or ladders over their shoulders, standing on rakes, tripping up, slipping on banana peels), you know the score.
12. Planning to travel to next?
South Africa in June to calf
13. Best thing you ate or drank lately?
A most delicious shared Belgian chocolate today from Janelle who got them from Tattie who brought them all the way from Europe. Yummeee - thanks J!
14. When did you last get tipsy?
Oooh boy. A distant fond memory. How long have I been pregnant now? 3 years? 6 months ago, I guess but sadly I forget the happy occasion.
15. Favourite ever film?
Tough one. Gotta be Withnail and I. Although Funny Bones is high up there. It used to be anyway, haven’t seen it for ages
16. Care to share some wisdom?
Laugh as much as you can
Don’t sweat the small stuff
Seek out the peculiar
Stop. Look. Breathe. Smile
Don’t take yourself seriously
17. Nicest thing anyone’s ever said to you?
You make me happy
18. Add one question? Ouf, those termites are still munching, sorry.
Rules of the meme. Respond and rework. Answer questions on your own blog. Replace one question. Add one question. Tag 8 people.
Aish. 8 people? Only if you want
and anyone else who'd like to