Saturday, April 11, 2009

Time for another post, don't you think?


I'm back.

With 727 photos of my sisters wedding to sort through. If I get permission from her I shall post some. Once I've found the only three that work. haha - I tend to snap away and hope for the best. As the 727 photos will attest! The wedding was DIVINE. An amazing spot, fab people, a few adventures (breaking down on the way up to the farm and having to walk two hours through the mist at 2 in the morning!), a hilarious pastor, old friends and favourite family members. Staying sober and watching everyone else get pissed should be made compulsory for everyone, if only once in their lives.

I'm home to glorious rain, a small veggie patch ready for the picking, an injured cat, and a move into a new house to look forward to. And a bigger tummy than I went away with.

Lots to say but like the photos, I need to sort through my thoughts first and then will write a proper post.

15 comments:

Dumdad said...

Welcome back!

Miranda said...

Thanks DD!

Lizzy Frizzfrock said...

Welcome back ... I missed your lovely words!

Rob Inukshuk said...

Glad you are back having had an agreeable adventure. Sorry the kitty is injured, hope it's on the mend.

Looking forward to hearing all about the wedding!

Jill of All Trades said...

Glad you're back and had a good time. Hope the injured kitty is not too bad.

Check out my giveaway...crocheted baby blanket!!!http://crbh-ruminations.blogspot.com/2009/04/giveawaytoo-good-to-pass.html

Lori ann said...

Oh man, did baby protest on the walk? did you have a full moon?

you made me think how many photos i'm going to end up with, in the thousands, in the end (of may)oh dear...

the protective Mom in me is glad you didn't drink. But did you know that after, dark beer is good for milk production? really!

♥ lori

Angela said...

Wow Miranda, I am so thrilled all went good and the pastor was hilarious and the whole family was there (except me), and now I want to KNOW EVERYTHING!!

family affairs said...

Welcome back and v pleased to hear everything went so well with the wedding....she mentioned the hilarious pastor.

What's wrong with the cat?

Lx

tam said...

don't dare put up any pics before me! Was fun my sis. Thanks for everything you did. And your husband. Xxx

Miranda said...

Tam - Okay I'll wait for the pics. Haha. Had such fun, thank YOU for everything!

FA - yes, the pastor is a blog in himself. The cat is fine now, just limping

Geli - details to come!

Lori - there was no no no moon. Only a teeny tiny penlight torch that kinda did the trick! Look forward to YOUR pics!

Jill - wow, you really are Jill of all Trades! I'll go comment on yours now if I'm not too late!

Rob - yes kitty on the mend and the adventure was indeed agreeable! More soon!

LF - thank you, thank you!

karen said...

Welcome back, Miranda and baby! Thanks for the fabulous wedding update, glad the eccentric pastor was a success...looking forward to Tam's pics!

Greg Penfold said...

That comment about dark beer stimulating milk production is right on the money. Can you get Castle Milk Stout in Arusha? (I once knew a mother of twins who had a nervous breakdown after using breast pumps to turn herself into a milk factory.)

Mud in the City said...

Good to see you back and can't wait to hear all the stories!!

Val said...

definitely time for another post now :-) how are you doing?x

Miranda said...

Karen - thanks! Hopefully more stories and pics to come

Greg - greetings! Good to see you the other day. Oh this IS good news. I plan to drink so much Guinness/Milk Stout that my breast milk runs black. Eeeooo, sorry thats pretty gross!

Mud - thanks, hope your wear and tear is doing okay - not long to go now! More stories soon I hope, if my brain co-operates.

Val - well quite!