Friday, September 4, 2009

2 months




So I kinda said to myself that I wouldn't post pictures of our daughter on this blog, but really, how can I resist sharing this pic with you, taken a couple of weeks ago....

and two months old today, ooooh boy time goes fast e? Next thing I know I'll have to share my baby cereal with her (I LOVE baby cereal), will be driving her to to school and grounding her for looking at boys. Nyahahahaha! People even say I'll be a grandmother before I know it but time can't go THAT fast surely?

Two months ago today I'd been in labour for 32 hours, had vomited in the lobby of the shiny new birthing centre, said "FUCK, oh sorry, don't mean to swear" more times than I can count and pushed a pretty large person through a pretty small hole. And then sat there for the next two months marvelling at how all this was actually possible. How could I produce such a perfect creature? (oh with a few nappy changes and feeds in between)

11 comments:

Angela said...

She obviously has "den Schalk im Nacken!" Can`t translate that, ask her Opa. What a daughter! She can surely make the world smile!
I`m sorry you`ll soon have to share your baby cereal with her, but who knows, maybe she`ll prefer salt sticks (like Johann) anyway.
A. called last night to say that Carolinchen has stretched out her arms and turned three times. What amazing babies you produced!!!

Rob Inukshuk said...

Aw, such a gorgeous little face!
Gosh is it 2 months already?

Mud in the City said...

Isn't she beautiful! What a smile.

but ouch - your labour is making me wince from far far away.....

sinnlighet said...

Oh my.... I like like like your blog & your pic's!! Amazing!!

Regards from Agneta in Sweden

Lizzy Frizzfrock said...

So beautiful and she obviously adores the one she is watching! Job well done, my dear! Oh yes, I guess this is just the start... and neither can I imagine time can go THAT fast.

family affairs said...

AAAH Gorgeous.....Lx

JoeinVegas said...

Hmmm, animal blog or kid blog, looks like both from recent pics

Lori ann said...

It does go that fast Miranda.

Maybe that's why their so cute and we stare at them all the time, she'll change right before your eyes.

I want to HOLD her!!! hi darling precious baby girl!!

Jeannie said...

Cute cute cute! I love those first little conspiratorial smiles. Enjoy - I can certainly tell you that the years seem to be flying by for me!

Miranda said...

geli - she is just the sweetest thing, and what a smile! Can't wait to meet Carolinchen some time!

Rob, I know, time goes so blimmin fast!

Mud - yes, the labour, the labour! Now I can say it was fine and I wouldn't have had it any other way...at the time....not so much!

Agneta - thanks for the visit!

LF - thanks, she's pretty darn cute!

FA - you bet!

Joinvegas - indeed!

Lori - you're welcome to hold her! Any time!

Jeannie - me too, specially first thing in the morning. Makes waking up at 5am okay somehow - they're clever littler critter heh?!

Iota said...

Well, I first did that large person through small hole thing 12 years ago, and that seems like no time at all. So I guess in answer to the "grandmother before you know it" question, I would say, yes, time can go THAT fast.