Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cowboys in my mouth

How weird that last time I wrote a post about going to the dentist, here it was also Ramadan. Anyway, thats by the by. I have discovered a new dentist in town - a Macedonian woman, Dr. T. And I love her! She chats to herself all the way through. "Oooh I can see the nerve! Right there. Don't worry I won't touch it, I am working around it" "Oh, I think I did a good job on this one. Yes, as long as there is no sensitivity after then I think this is a very good filling" "Oh you have too many fillings" etc etc! I have had a run of strange and (not so) wonderful dentists, from 7th day Adventists who practiced on me to the Korean man whose only word was "Pain!" to the Chinese lady who lurves to do root canal. Was chatting to Janelle this morning about the dentists we've seen and I said "Geez, we've really had some cowboys in our mouths, hey? And not in a good way!"

Being a dentist must suck.

What do you think is a worse job - dentist or gynaecologist?

12 comments:

Shiny said...

Gynaecologist, definitely... it's just at the wrong end. You won't believe my word veri... sardist. Just like the dentist.

x

Mud in the City said...

Mind you though - at least fannies don't bite if something goes wrong!

Janelle said...

hmmmmm..i dunno....gynae dentist...hmmmm....yeah. that was funny this morning. just popped two more pain killers...sigh sigh,. sooooo fuckn. bored of this Pain...can;t WAIT until friday. really. xxx j

Miranda said...

Shiny - yes, true, eooo, all pretty grim I reckon!

Mud - now THERE'S a visual!

Janelle - ugh. Just get it over and done with man. Shudder. Good luck.

Elaine said...

I'd rather be married to a dentist!

Iota said...

Tough call.

Shiny said...

Mud! I can't stop laughing. It's a good point though x

tam said...

mine can

Freya said...

I know it wasn't offered as a choice, but I would have to say being a proctologist would be the worst job possible. Otherwise, it's a bit of a toss-up.

karen said...

I am glad that you've found a good one! I have been going to a Ghanaian dentist for about 15 years now, hoping like mad he never returns to Ghana as he's amazing compared to previous cowboys! After serious consideration, I think I'd really rather be a dentist than a gynae!

pam said...

you are funny, man

JoeinVegas said...

Ask almost any guy and I bet you'll know the answer.