Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mysterious animals

Hmmm, now that I've promised y'all some old pics I'm at a loss of which ones to share. They're not too boring are they? Okay, I'll post these three, they're not very clear but quite sweet I think. Of our cat, Mouse stalking and pouncing on our duiker Biltong.

Looong ago.

Biltong used to communicate with rabbits, you see. One of the years when we had Biltong we were going to be away for Easter. I was distraught that the Easter Bunny would come and find us gone. So my mother tied a note to Biltong's neck informing the Easter Bunny that we'd be away to and please delay his arrival by a few days. Biltong went off and came back later with the note gone. And lo and behold the day we got back the Easter Bunny came and left us some choccie eggs.

Like I say, it was looong ago!






8 comments:

Mud in the City said...

That's an optimistic (and hungry!) cat!

How did he come to be called Biltong? That would give many prey animals a slight feeling of paranoia surely?

My godfather had a sheep called 'casserole'. I think he loved up to his name.

Shiny said...

How very clever of Biltong to deliver the letter to The Easter Bunny! Smart buck that x

Miranda said...

Mud - yes I fear it was rather a mean name (not thought up by me I assure you! I think Patrick called him that. Patrick who used to shave our monkey's heat so that he looked like a monk!)

Shiny - Yes, clever clever little fellow!

Miranda said...

that should read 'head' of course, not 'heat'!!

Rob Inukshuk said...

Indeed cute pics...Biltong indeed. Well, we had a cat called Dog...after a song in the 70's, but still silly!

family affairs said...

I recognise that story from your dad's book! Lovely photos.....Lx

karen said...

Gorgeous photo - love the pouncing cat action shot!!

mumplustwo said...

Hilarious! As kids we had two dogs (in Jhb, also a v.looong time ago). They were brother & sister and we called then Gunston & Cameo after the (then) well known cigarette brands.