Saturday, October 31, 2009

A book in a month?

I have taken up the challenge. To write a novel in a month. 2000 words a day and hey presto! A 50,000 word novel at the end of it. Granted it may not be a very good one but, hey, worth a try, no? I read my sister’s post yesterday and thought ‘hell yeah, what a good idea.’ And signed up immediately. And then I woke up this morning and thought – WTF?? What have I done!

I am doing this not because I think I have a literary masterpiece in me – I know I don’t – but to channel my brain into doing something useful for a few hours a day. It’s got to be healthier than playing on Facebook, surely? This is the theory anyway, in reality I’ll probably be spending MORE time on facebook coz I’ll be procrastinating like crazy.

And hey, its more pro-active than buying a lottery ticket every week. Coz you never know, maybe I’ll surprise myself!

So it starts on Sunday 1st November and finishes on 30th November. Anyone want to join us?

So I may be a little quieter than usual. I’ll put up lots of pictures tho, and some updates.

See you on the other side.

7 comments:

Lizzy Frizzfrock said...

Wow!!! Can't wait! ... maybe I need to do that & get away from FaceBook!

PurestGreen said...

Well done! I have decided not to take the challenge this year as I am deep in a change in lifestyle and I need to stay focused on that. But I wish you loads of luck! Deep breath....

Rob Inukshuk said...

Good luck with that. I think you're brave, but agree it might be a surprising process. I look forward to your progress reports.

karen said...

Just as brave as your sister..keep us posted!!

Val said...

sorry cant talk now - I am busy procrastinating!! so glad you are doing this x

Jeannie said...

I'm doing it too - there's a lot of us signed up here in Grahamstown! So far I've managed 718 words - sies! See you on the other side indeed...

Iota said...

50,000 seems a very short novel.

I challenged myself to do a blog post a day for a month recently, and it was exhausting. So good luck!