Sunday, October 18, 2009

Kreativ Kretins

Does it annoy you when words are spelt wrong deliberately? Like Kwench and kwik?

Ah, but I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. I have been given an award. For being kreativ. By my gorgeous much-more-kreativ-than-me sister. Hurrah! But I don't know how to get the picture up here.

The award is the Kreativ Blogger award and the rules are:


1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (Thank you dearest sister of mine)

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.

5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.

6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

Kay so seven things.

1. I have been initiated into womanhood in Zambian Kunda tradition
2. Both my parents are artists but I cannot draw or paint
3. I love to see very old people eating ice cream
4. The sight of baby pigs make me squeal with glee
5. I am very very scared of balloons
6. I am really rather good at reading animal tracks in the bush, if I say so myself
7. I can eat a whole tin of condensed milk in one sitting

Now to seven kreativ bloggers. Aish

The fabulous and inkredibly kreativ Janelle
The kwik witted Mud
The klever and intrepid Lori
The kool Family Affairs

The others have received it already and anyway, I can't think of more c-k words so....

9 comments:

Lori ann said...

Kongratulations on your award!
I feel the same way about those words, I want to get after them with my eraser (or backbutton)perhaps it's because i'm such a notoriously bad speller myself.
I love your 7 things. Could you tell more about number one??
And Thank you! ☺

Val said...

O-K then! hehe kompletely konkur with you on this :-)
loved your 7 things - old people eating ice cream huh? thats funny..
congrats on the award - i love your blog! xx

Shiny said...

I'd like toask just one question - on number 7: But can you do two?

xx

Janelle said...

aw shucks man, thanks! are you SURE? as rubin says it...sure sure? XXX j

karen said...

Great list, Miranda, and congrats on your award! I'm filled with admiration about the animal tracking. Not so sure about the condensed milk though..??

family affairs said...

Thank you so much for the award "Kool"? I like that Lxx

Miranda said...

Lori - I grew up in a very rural area of Zambia and when the time came the elder women in the village said I should be initiated. It was amazing, and waaaay too complex for here, much of it is secret, but not all. Maybe one day I'll write about the non-secret bits.

Val - ah, it makes my heart swell!

Shiny - the challenge is on!

Janelle, sure sure!

Karen - I was a walking guide for a few years with a very very amazing mentor. He had been an elephant control officer in the 'old days' and was an incredible tracker. I am so lucky!

Angela said...

The K-stuff is easily explained. It is the German way of spelling. Kreativ is the German spelling for creative, kalt for cold, Kuh for cow, etc. You of all, Miranda, being a half-blooded German...but what am I complaining. It is your dad`s fault. Shall I send you the grandmother family tree which I made for Caroline, going back to 1668, including each grandmother with name and birth date? They all lived in Himmelpforten, until one moved to Berlin and the next to Hamburg, from where the adventurous V. left for Johannesburg.

spacedlaw said...

you might discover that I gave you yet another award...