Monday, October 26, 2009

Waiting



I am waiting for that skittish little cretin, inspiration to come out of hiding. Once again.

In the meantime I've been clearing a whole bunch of photos off my computer - it's positively bursting at the rivets with pictures. So for now, I'll share some with you.


Oh, oh, oh, and as I write this its started to rain!

It's raining!

It's raining!

It's raining!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

Thank the gods this wait is over. Boy, things were getting pretty desperate.

The dry-dry soil is gulping it down, little green shoots are jumping up, awake from their slumber and I swear the cows at the bottom of our hill are grinning. And I can hear the water gushing into our underground tank. Yippeeee. Seriously this rain has been a long time coming and is most welcome. Maybe I'll go and dance a little jig.

7 comments:

tam said...

aah, lovely rain. but inspiration doesn't like being called a cretin. careful.

Shiny said...

Ooo, how lovely, rain. Maybe it'll bring the inspiration too...? I'm experiencing the same thing. Perhaps the last bit of October is when Inspiration packs his bags and goes North for his annual holiday? He'll be back. Hopefully. I love the chair pic x

Miranda said...

Aish, Tam you're right. Niiiiice inspiration. Pretty, clever, niiiice inspiration.

Shiny -yes, I guess we all need a holiday. Pic taken in Vietnam, ah to be back there for a while! Maybe inspiration is there for his holiday?

Lori ann said...

You've inspired me with your photos, so pretty and dreamlike.
I'm really happy to hear you've got rain, the news is showing it's desperatly needed in East Africa. Relief!

Iota said...

Lovely post. Did you do that jig?

spacedlaw said...

Lovely picture.
I swear the elephant is smiling too.

Miranda said...

Lori, thank you! Yes it's a great relief

Iota - indeed I did!

Spacedlaw - oh you bet he is!