Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pots of gold



At the bottom of our slushy muddy road there are a few people building little shops and houses, so there are lots of piles of sand here and there. And yesterday we were driving along and WHAM right in front of us was this melodramatic rainbow. You could almost see it throw it's arms out and say "TADA!"

"look, a rainbow!" I said to husband "Lets go dig for gold - it's so close!"
"too late" he said "Someone's beaten us to it"

And indeed 'twas true because it was coming right out of one of those piles of sand.

Ah well, better luck next time. Maybe I'll go and buy a lottery ticket instead.

7 comments:

Mud in the City said...

I sort-of logically understand What a rainbow is. But that doesn't stop me viewing them as visible miracles - almost as exciting as actually spotting a fairy at the bottom of the garden!

How lovely.

Mustn't forget that lottery ticket though!

Miranda said...

I know, they're truly magical, I love them!

Having said that about the lottery ticket, I realise that we don't have the lottery here so maybe I'll go and look for more rainbows to dig up!

Shiny said...

Miranda - that is too good to waste! Send me 6 numbers immediately, and I'll buy you a ticket for ours. It's tonight so be quick xx

P.S. Pretty pretty picture. I love rainbows too.

Miranda said...

643152

Lisa said...

I love your pretty pretty pictures.

Miranda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

I'm so glad you liked the reading I posted on NaNo -- I thought it might work for you, since it's not a common one like some of the others that were posted. Good luck finishing your own book!!!!