Monday, February 22, 2010
Bullet points of my life
sunset from our verandah
Every couple of months Janelle and I decide we're going to give up blogging. And then we hint and beg for comments and we tell each other that we can't give up, that we must carry on and then that spurs us on again. So on Thursday we had one of those conversations. To blog or not to blog. Does anyone really give a shit about our sad little lives up here on this hill? Is that we why even do it? For the comments (hell yeah!) Bla bla bla. I'm sure we all go through this. And I have decided that I really should try and write every day. Even if its drivel. Because really even if I write twice a month its the same bloody quality of writing (read drivel) so why not just jam up the waves with it. It's good practise. Or is that practice? So I shall try. But today the baby gal thought that 4 o'clock in the morning was a good time to wake up and start singing cheerily, so poetry I cannot give you. Bullet points I can
- I have decided to try and take my book seriously and do some hole filling and patching and editing. See what happens
- There is rain here right now, pattering on the roof and it is divine
- My mother and her man are coming to stay next week. So will need to hide the kettle. She has an exhibition here towards the end of March so will be here for the month or more. Excited.
- Made a cake the other day. This is an unusual Miranda activity. I've been slowly working my way through the whole thing so took it over to the neighbours (the very same Janelle) and palmed it off on them.
- Just saw a dog and a cockrel, their faces a foot apart staring at each other. The dog sitting straight and barking loudly, the cockrel just staring
- Speaking of livestock, I spend an inordinate amount of time chasing the neighbour's cows out of my herb patch. Like, six times a day. Starting to drive me nuts! (I just reread that and I'd written chasing the neighbours out of my herb patch. haahaha. No not that)
Okay. Could go on. Shan't.
The valley below, all washed clean