Saturday, March 27, 2010

The re-invention of Miranda

I daresay I had fun at the hairdressers the other day. Yes yes, I know I'm supposed to hate it and all but, boy it was just what needed. The baby gal had been yelling for a couple of days straight - teeth and all that. And I needed. To. Get! Out! Fast! So I did. The lovely hairdresser said 'Do you still want to be able to tie your hair back or are you over that?"
"Over that"
"How do you feel about a fringe? Bangs?"
"Sure"
She started to gently chop.
"What are you doing?" I said, "I thought we were going short?"
"Well, I'm just being cautious"
"FUCK cautious"
And this the result.
I love it.




And I even got a manicure and a pedicure and everything. The manicure was a bit of a waste of time since I had to get on the motorbike immediately after and smudged all the paint stuff off. But it was the massage-y bit I was after really.

And then. And THEN. We went to Mitumba. Retail therapy - if not entirely original - makes my heart sing. Cheery Country and Western songs. I've written about Mitumba before a couple of times. Its the second hand clothes place. Huge area piled with gorgeous delightful second hand clothes. We went on a Tuesday when they got new bales in and bought loads of new things. hurrah!


So a bit of girly time and I can handle all the screaming my baby gal wishes to throw at me. Within reason, of course! She's stopped though so thats a good thing...

***************************************************************
Picture Window

10 comments:

Angela said...

Fabulous hair cut! You look a lot like your dad in his early twenties, when boys wore their hair long to scare their dads.
Lovely new you! Hope your girlie was not frightened?

Lemon Gloria said...

Very cute! I love it! And yes, girly time is so rejuvenating. Reading this, I want a short haircut nownownow!

Linda Sue said...

GREAT hair! only problem is that once it is cut it has to keep being cut, Growing out is such a pain . Your hair is VERY CUTE! Sporty! Baby girl - ahhhh, I am lactating now...

Rob Inukshuk said...

Okay, had a quick look, hair nice, but look at Baby Gal, too adorable!

spacedlaw said...

Nothing quite like a nice calm day out of pampering. Well deserved!

Mud in the City said...

Stunning Miranda, simply stunning!

Val said...

very cool new look - glad you had some pampering!

Angela said...

Will you show some of Vic`s paintings, too? The ones you own?

Iota said...

Yes, I like it! Glad you had a good day out.

I've been catching up with a few previous posts, and enjoying your mother's art.

Shiny said...

Look! You're a Yummy Mummy! xx