Thursday, May 13, 2010

The night of the exes


my ma and my gal and me. And some dogs

In haste. For some reason thought I'd have loads of blogging time in Zambia. But. I don't.

So. I'm in Zambia for a couple of weeks. Me and the baby gal. The baby gal and I. And peculiarly my mother and my sister and my father are all in the same place at the same time. Which usually happens like... well... twice. My wedding, my sister's wedding. My parents are divorced, see. It's not like they don't get on, it's just, agh you know. History n all that. So there has been much sitting around on the lawn, playing with clothes pegs (the baby), drinking tea (the grownups), spraying picture frames (the father - he has an exhibition next week so I'll be able to post lots of his pic like I did my ma's). My (pregnant) sister came up (down?) for a few days specially to see us and its been fab, just fab.

And tonight at dinner. Exes all over the place. an ex wife (my mother) and an ex husband (my father), an ex boyfriend (mine - he rents my dad's studio at the bottom of the garden) and my mother is staying with my sister's ex up the road. Jeez Louise, you couldn't make this shit up!


But shhhhh, the baby is alseep and I reaaly want to be too, so toodleoo and I'll try and write a better post tomorrow.

Or not.

I have some posts swimming around in my head. Remind me to tell you about the python.



and this pic of the baby gal for Lemon Gloria coz her baby has the same monkey on his PJs

19 comments:

Lemon Gloria said...

Aaaaaaah! Thank you! I love it! We just got those PJs as hand-me-downs from my friend Kaysha, who has a girl but had some non-girly clothes to pass along. Such a cute design!

I love this photo of three generations. And I love the fabric on the pillow. And the pictures of your gal. What a little cutie! Look at that lovely skin! And those gorgeous eyes!

Rob Inukshuk said...

I wish to EXpress how happy I am that your EXtended family are all gathered for this EXtremely rare and EXcellent EXperience. Have fun. Fab pics too!

Mud in the City said...

What a great trip. And how very civilised about the exes. Even if you're no longer 'with' an ex, it does seem a shame to toally cast them aside, especially if you still quite like them (n a non naughty way).
Garden + tea + dogs + good times - does it get any better than that?

Linda Sue said...

Monkey jammies on a blanket in the warm sun- sigh....

Lori ann said...

OH wow! GReat photos! baby gorgeous and mamas both. funny story about the exes, are you sure your not making it up?
have a fabFAB time and blog later, way later. enjoy.

Dumdad said...

So cute!

Angela said...

I first thought it was Annika there with Pam - there is so much family resemblence in you guys! And I see a lot of her Daddy in baby gal, don`t you? Her eyes, especially. Lovely scene you are describing, with all the exes. Say hello to everyone! Auntie

Miranda said...

LG - this top, too was a present and I just love it!

Rob - haHAAA, wish I'd thought of that! EXcellent idea!

Mud - yes, great that we still get on. And that moment when you meet them again after many years and feel no yearning, no ache, but still 'hey I KNOW you' is great, I love it.

LS - well quite. Bliss

Lori - thanks for comment on last post too, have been crap at replying. See, pics of the gal for you!

DD - oh you don't know the half of it!

Geli - Annika, really! Thats interesting! And yes she does have a bit of her dad's colouring and his eyes, although they're still blue weirdly - I guess they'll stay that way

SafariB said...

Oh my goodness !!!! Tammy is pregnant?!?!? Oh wow!! I am SO behind the times! :))

Janelle said...

heh he he he ...love it. brrr its gettin' cold on the hill, man. xxx j

Miranda said...

Ha ha I never thought of it like that - you are right - so many exes lurking around - in fact all of us. Funny. Fab to be with you all anyway

Spiny Marshmallow said...

Oopsie - its me on your computer so it looks like you are making your own comments - sorry that was me

karen said...

Lovely pictures, and nothing better than some real family time. I'll live without the Picture Window for a little longer :) Enjoy every minute!

Shiny said...

Oh, what fun and, good grief, but she is hellavu cute, isn't she? xx

Zimdian said...

According to the Senseless Things "It's cool to hang out with your ex."
It just depends which one of tehm it was lol.

JoeinVegas said...

That does sound like a lot of Ex's

Reluctant Memsahib said...

i love that three generational picture - with the jacks, of course. have a lovely time

Miranda said...

SafariB - I KNOW! Catch up, catch up! Exciting hey!

Janelle - Brrrrr, here too. But probably more there. At least we have fireplaces in Arusha...

SM - hmmmm

Karen - pic window to resume shortly! BAck next week

Shiny - and then some!

Zimdian - its the one you think it is!!

JoinVegas - the place is lousy with them exes!

RM - me too - it doesn't happen often enough! xx

family affairs said...

Do you want to borrow the strange Tshirt my teenage son just bought?? It says "All my ex's are married" on the front. I'm piling them up too. Gorgeous photos of happy (albeit dysfunctional) families.....but dysfunctional is the new functional Lx