Yesterday I found myself invigilating an exam with no time limit. Sitting under a clutch of yellow Fever Trees keeping my beady eyes on 8 poor souls writing their safari guides exam. I started out very keen. Head tracking back and forth like I was watching a tennis match. Then, after about two hours I started to get booooored. So when faced with a looong string of hours stretching off neverending into the distance what does one do? Except stifle yawns. Walk around a bit.
And after 5 hours? Well... I seemed to spend a lot of time playing with a big two prong acacia thorn.
Things you can do with acacia thorns:
1) clean your fingernails
2) clean your watch, rings and various other pieces of jewelery
3) see how many raisins and dried cranberrys you can fit onto one (17)
4) draw circles in the sand with it, compass style
5) Fancy dress - fangs. Horns
6) Scratch 'I woz ere' into the soft flaky bark of one of the fever trees
7) Use them to prop your eyes open, matchstick style
etc etc etc etc
Picture Window on this winter morning