Friday, September 24, 2010

Just stuff

I’ve been all kinds of grumpy this week. The baby gal has discovered that she has a temper. Of epic proportions! She wakes up at about ten to five in the morning and then gets Seriously Pissed Off that she can’t get back to sleep again. And lets us aaaaallll know about it. It’s a whole new kind of torture. This morning, for instance, she woke up at four thirty, yelled for two hours and then fell asleep, juuust as it was time for me to get up and get ready for work. Nevertheless. We love her still.

Here she is ignoring the neighbour's calf that comes in and eats my herbs. 




And here, humouring her mother.



This morning (despite the early start) I woke up and everything was shiny and shimmery again. The mountain (who has been rather shy of late) has thrown off her cloak and is stupendous. I suddenly noticed that the jacarandas are flowering. Have they been doing this for long? Have I been so self absorbed so as not to notice? Or have they only just started?

 

Rehearsals are going great (we’re almost done – eek) and I just love the motorbike ride from home to where we’re rehearsing.

 

 

 

 

 

This is where we have lunch. 

It's called the Olasit Holiday Inn

The kitchen, through the door

A cow drinking just outside. But you can see that, can't you?

And why has the writing gone blue?

9 comments:

Gillian said...

this makes me SOOOOO HOMESICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lemon Gloria said...

You have every reason to be grumpy. Sleep makes all the difference.

She certainly is cute, though.

As for the blue...I dunno. Once my work email started doing everything in small caps, and then when people would respond to me, theirs would be in small caps as well...it was a big mystery.

Rob G said...

Perhaps the computer was also feeling blue.

Angela said...

I like baby gal`s hairdo.
How is the food, made in that kitchen?

Livvy U. said...

Hello, I've been your way before, and I'm glad I've found my way back - and this time I thought 'Why isn't she on my blogroll?' and so I'm putting you on.

I love your pics and that you post in spite of your time limitations and that you rehearse in such an amazing place. Wonderful.

Livvy

Lori ann said...

oh baby gal is sooo cute.

don't you know, computers do what they want, heehee!

Spiny Marshmallow said...

Great Holiday Inn. Olasit means wot???

JoeinVegas said...

Wow, a lot different Holiday Inn than I am used to here in the states.

Miranda said...

Gillian - pole dada!

Lisa - yes, sleep makes all the difference! And computers? They move in mysterious ways!

Rob - yes, perhaps! Love your new blog btw

Geli - ain't it cute! From that kitchen you can get: chapatis, very sweet tea, beans, rice and meat. That's it!

Livvy - every time I visit yours I think the same! Heh!

Lori - yes, computers have minds of their own, best not to mess with that! And that baby gal is reallyverysweet

SM - t's the area. Near Mark's work.

Joeinvegas - flashy hey?