Sunday, September 5, 2010

Work. Play.

I've started work again. 

Every day I ride the back way on my motorbike, along scraggly goat paths, getting dust on my takkies and snatched at by thorns. Under the wide blue sky, watched by the mountains. And I stand up most of the way and want to woop with joy. 


Hope it lasts!


We're rehearsing on a quiet plot under a big ol fever tree. Making  play. And props. And stuff. 
Its damn hard leaving the baby gal every morning but I guess I have to do it some time. And she cries a bit when I go but I think its mostly for show because she soon gets distracted by the cat and tries to sit on him. He doesn't seem to mind. 


Aaanyway. Off to bed.


**********************************
Outside looking in



4 comments:

Lizzy Frizzfrock said...

Wow for the photo! ...and a nice wow for you returning to work, I'm sure it takes lots of effort to leave the baby girl.

Rob Inukshuk said...

Oooh, there's a tree and the moon in your house!

Mud in the City said...

Your commute sounds a whole lot more fun than mine!

Val said...

well done for finding time. just catching up. wondering how your friend in lusaka is doing?
thoughts. xx