Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blogs out of ears

Something strange happened today.

We had power. All. Day. It means we will not have any tonight but that's okay. It also means that I have been connected to the computer intravenously all day. I need to finish this post and get outSIDE.

And so the novelty of having electricity all day somehow made me a little overexcited and for some strange reason I have started not just one other blog, but TWO. What was I thinking? Like I find enough time to even update this one, let alone three! Well four actually if you count Hometown Arusha. Geez.

It all started with an e-mail from Lori suggesting I post more about the baby gal. And I agree but am worried about boring the less baby minded people out there. So The Mothering Times was born. And at the same time as creating that blog I'm updating our website and thought, huh, maybe I should have a blog on there. And so another one, for my work stuff. What's with this compartmentalising my life?

Anyway, I really must get outside. It rained last night on the hill for the first time in MONTHS and it is glorious out.


See?



9 comments:

Mud in the City said...

Ambitious! Although if it means more Miranda, it has to be a good thing!

spacedlaw said...

As long as you keep posting...
(I am contemplating a fifth blog just for recipes!)

Lori ann said...

you are just a sweet person and don't want to bore anyone. the very best thing about all this is you can do whatever you like, changing your mind whenever.

now get out there and enjoy the day!

(i love mothering times, and am now off to check the work bloggy)

Angela said...

I am waiting for the day when you are invited to an international talk show (United Nations?) and will be asked to tell the world about all the things you are doing! Showing slides and bringing cow actors, and baby (with a hat and shades, like Great Garbo, to protect her identity)! This would enlighten folks so much more than all those boring speeches they usually get to hear! You are quite remarkable, dear.

Shiny said...

Oh goodie gum drops. More baby, more you xx

Funny. My word veri is: Natterall. How apt.

JoeinVegas said...

Sorry, I'm so used to power all the time it's hard to imagine a schedule.

Iota said...

Blogging does seem to have that effect on people. I've chewed over whether to start a second blog on various occasions, but I've always concluded I quite like the messiness that is a personal blog. I like the pick 'n' mix approach!

karen said...

Great! Will have a look at your other blogs.. how wonderful to hear that the hill has had some rain at last, too!

family affairs said...

Are you mad? Put it all on one blog - I'd love to see more about your little girl - but full marks for enthusiasm and good luck! Lx