Monday, February 7, 2011

Show on the road

So our show is finally on the road. Damn, as I write that I see that I missed an opportunity there. I could have sat in the back of a pickup truck and shouted "Lets get this show on the ROAD" together with unnecessary circular hand movement, finger in the air, round em up style. Its the sort of thing one always wants to say isn't it? Along with "you're probably wondering why I've gathered you all here today" and "I'm gonna take you DOWN". Ooh and "see you in court"

Or is that just me?

So yah. After months of crazy rehearsals (two casts, one play) they're on the road for 20 weeks. Two casts performing twice a day to schools and marketplaces across the country. So exciting! 

Here are a few pics from the first week. 


riding in an oxcart


cows


bicycle



and audience shots...





10 comments:

Angela said...

Lovely, lovely pictures, Miranda! Both sides, players and audience. Who is taking a film of the play? I want to see the whole show! No matter if it is in Swahili, I`m sure everyone can understand. Ah, those cows...haha.

Val said...

fantastic photos - so much energy and dazzling sunlight! i love the bicycyle and the cows :) Well done!

Val said...

i meant to ask - what is the theme of the play?

Mud in the City said...

Fabulous! The bicycle is inspired. I WISH you could come and put on a show in my neck of the woods!

Anna-Marie said...

hey Miranda - write us a blog on what the plays are about ... and why they are being done ... and how you found your drama teams ... and, well, I know it's all business to you but I'd love to hear more!!

Lori ann said...

Safi! Barabara! i wish i could see it. love all the photos. I meant to ask you how is your dada and her mtoto?
I heard you learned swahili for this work, well done!
(no, i do not know it, but i tried to!)

Lemon Gloria said...

Oh, Miranda, I am loving it. I love the photos of the show, and I love seeing the reactions of the audience. No wonder you love your work.

Shiny said...

Oh, Miranda! That looks brilliant - you clever, clever thing. Such fabulous pics. I love, love, how much the audience are obviously loving it. Those pics made me cry. I'm such a sissy. Yay you x

Miranda said...

Geli - there is someone filming the plays - nothing special but I'm sure we could put something together by the end of it all!

Val - thanks! Its been such fun!

Mud - me TOO! Thats my next plan!

Anna-Marie - really? Okay, sure!

Lori - your Swahili is pretty good!! My dada and her mtoto are fine! I will be going to see them next month. SO excited! None of the actors speak English so yes, Swahili was essential! Thrown in the deep end!

Lisa - its great, I do love it!

Shiny - ah thanks!! Have PLENTY more pics. Will post more!

xxx

Miranda said...

Geli - there is someone filming the plays - nothing special but I'm sure we could put something together by the end of it all!

Val - thanks! Its been such fun!

Mud - me TOO! Thats my next plan!

Anna-Marie - really? Okay, sure!

Lori - your Swahili is pretty good!! My dada and her mtoto are fine! I will be going to see them next month. SO excited! None of the actors speak English so yes, Swahili was essential! Thrown in the deep end!

Lisa - its great, I do love it!

Shiny - ah thanks!! Have PLENTY more pics. Will post more!

xxx