Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dreams

I had another dream about Mark J.

 

Last week my dad and Mark's family took his ashes down to Chibembe where I spent the first 6 or so years of my life and where, twenty years later Mark and I worked together. A special place.

 

So I guess he was on my mind or maybe he was out there flying high and flying free.

 

In my dream there were a whole lot of us, all sitting outside around a big table eating, drinking, on a happy sunny beautiful-light day. And in amongst us all was Mark, just sitting there normally, laughing and enjoying himself. And as I was leaving I went up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek and said, “Why aren’t you telling anyone you’re alive?”

 

And then I suddenly realized that no-one could actually see him. But he was sitting there amongst us all and laughing and having a good time. 

3 comments:

Shiny said...

Oh wow Miranda, what a beautiful, sad, dream. Mainly beautiful though x

Mud said...

Miranda - we all believe different things, but maybe he IS there amongst you, sharing your laughter as well as your tears. I like to think that we never totally loose the people we've loved and lost in our lives.
xx

Miranda said...

Shiny, it was a bit sad but mostly a sense of peace, really

Mud, yes I agree we never totally lose them. How can we when they've touched our lives?