Friday, June 21, 2013

Some kind of a catch up

Oh hi there!

I'm still here.

Even if you're not...

I imagine you've got a bit bored at staring at the same old page and have shuffled off to more interesting pastures. I don't blame you really.

My computer got stolen in January and I could say that's why I've been so absent here, but we both know that's not true, hey?

I couldn't possibly sum up all that's been going on in one post. Oh that sounds like I've been jet-setting and galavanting. No, no, I've just been here in this increasingly restless little town. Mothering and studying. Studying and mothering.

This small princess never-ever takes this dress off. (I don't know why I can't get this the right way up).


We have to peel it off her at night to wash and it's dry by the next morning. It's the first thing she says in the morning 'I want to wear Hannah's One Heart dress' Yes, you see it's not even hers. Poor old Hannah has long since given up ever seeing it again , and has gone off to South Africa to find herself a new one. I used to try and fight it but now I just let it be.

Much like the drama students that I'm teaching at the moment (or should I say learning to teach). The drama room's floor is all springy and soft and I used to try and make them all sit at their desks but now, a week from the end of term I don't give a @:>~, sit on the damn floor, I'll join you.

And this, this pretty much sums up our boy.


Also featured in our household is Larry the cat who spends most of his time sitting on my motorbike seat. He uses it as a scratching post - another thing I've given up fighting. Oh dear...does this say something??


In other news.....I went to the hairdresser the other day and said 'Do what you want'. And this is what she did:

Scuze the terribly posed pictures! 





Altho maybe you don't know what I looked like before so can't see the difference. Blond, no fringe. Actually I went blue in December, and magenta a bit before that. Did I show you those pictures? Do you think I'm having an early mid-life crisis? Naaa, I've always been a bit like this. Maybe I'll dig up some old pics and have a 'many faces of Miranda hair'...that sounds all wrong but you know what I mean...

Anyway, then I found these pictures of my mom, circa late 60's. Rather uncanny, no? 






So my dear, I must be off. I hope you amble back here at some point but if not, I completely understand.


3 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

Blue? That would be striking.

And of course she loves the dress, she looks so cute in it.

Mud said...

Still here too! Still missing your writing. Still enjoying seeing your 2 growing up....

Janelle said...

my god! we're terribly impressed this side of the hill...i might have to blog again imminently to keep up with the Joneses...X